Signs of a Water Leak
Signs of a Water Leak
July 17, 2020
Sometimes, it’s pretty obvious where a water leak is happening in your home, such as stains on the ceilings or warped floors. You may also see puddles of water around areas like your water heater or base of your toilet. However, some water leaks aren’t quite as apparent. If you have the sense that something is “off” with your plumbing, you should call a licensed plumbers to detect the source of the leak.
Signs of Water Leaks
- Higher than average water bill. If your water bill has increased and your usage has been consistent, then you might have a water leak.
- Sound of running water. If it sounds like water is constantly running but you aren’t using any water, that could indicate a leak.
- Damp, musty smell. If any areas in your house smell musty, especially carpeting, that’s a sign that there’s water/humidity in the area.
- Low water pressure. If you have a hard time getting a steady stream of water from the faucets or shower, that could be caused by a water leak that decreases your water pressure.
How to Locate Water Leaks
The source of water leaks can be very difficult to detect, which is why it’s best to use an experienced plumber. However, it can help the plumber out a lot (and save you some money) if you can do some of the detective work beforehand. Here are some areas in your house and yard that are common sources of water leaks.
- Tub and shower
- Toilet flange
- Sinks (from the faucet, under the sink and rim of the sink)
- Water heater and furnace area
- Wet or soggy spots in the yard
If you have examined all of your faucets and fixtures and still can’t figure out where the leak is coming from, give Calhoun Plumbing a call. Our decades of leak detection experience enable us to pinpoint leaks quickly and accurately. We use equipment such as acoustic listening devices, heat sensors and video line inspection. Once we locate the leak, we can repair it whether it is a simple O-ring in the faucet or digging up tree roots that are blocking an underground water line.
Central Ohio’s Trusted Plumbing Partner
Calhoun Plumbing has over 25 years of experience serving the plumbing needs of Central Ohio. We offer 24/7 emergency plumbing services as well as general plumbing services that include backed up sewer and drain, leak detection, excavation services, and other general plumbing services like bathroom repairs, kitchen sinks, backflow testing and more. If you are looking for a local plumbing company that you can trust and who you can call 24/7, Calhoun Plumbing is here to help.